Friday 16 May 2014

Puyol Bids Farewell to Barcelona



Carles Puyol has played his last game for Barcelona and doesn't harbour ambitions of becoming a manager on the day he said goodbye to the game.
The 36-year-old will leave the Nou Camp after Saturday's La Liga title decider against Atletico Madrid after 15 years at the club.

  And, in his farewell press conference to the Spanish media on Thursday, the central defender claimed he won't make the bench for his finale as a knee injury still takes hold.......

 

 ''I don't think I'll be a coach, it's not what I'd like most. Maybe I'll change my mind but for now I want to do other things,' he said in a more composed address than the teary briefing in March.

I want to be remembered as someone who did everything for Barca and for football.
I'll tell my daughter that I was lucky to play at the best club in the world.'
Puyol has been a first-team regular for 15 seasons, winning 21 titles including six Primera Division and three Champions League trophies, while he has also been capped by his country 100 times.

He spoke of his pride at everything he has achieved during his time with the Spanish champions.

This is a very difficult moment for me and I’m very emotional but I will try to enjoy it,' he said.

I am a man of few words but I will try and explain how I’m feeling.
As I said a few months ago, my knee is still troubling me and my time at Barca will end from June 30.

We’ve tried to find a solution but that’s not been possible. But I want to thank everyone at the club. I can now fight my injury without the pressure of playing.

I’ve done what I’ve always wanted to do and been very happy. I’ve lived the dream of thousands of children and I’m privileged''


Watch the video below




No comments:

Post a Comment

Nonsoloaded's Offer: Comment and Win 1000 worth Airtime Recharge weekly. At the end of every week the reader with highest comment will be rewarded. Terms & Conditions apply